Friday, September 01, 2006

I love Flower's


This was my good news, or my little pick me up. Aren't these beautiful? We took care of our friends dog for 9 days last month, and this is the Thank You we had delivered last night. I love hydrangeas-so these will dry, and last forever. So nice, so not necessary, and so APPRECIATED-Thanks Phil & Myra. Merlot is welcome at our house anytime.
I know everyone is feeling down right now with the prospect of our wait. I know this will sound crazy (what's new) but right now I have to tell myself that this is really not possible. I need to take a deep breath, and reevaluate the situation in January. I just don't feel it in my gut that we could be 3-4 years from our children (the lastest estimates based on current referral times)So lets try and at least wait until the new guidelines are announced, and see who is going to be affected-I think we will be surprised at what the CCAA will do. We are already hearing whispers of some of the guidelines being instituted across the board (regardless of LID) and some guidelines that will affect only newly received dossiers. I think they have to do something to get the wait times down. This may be the only way to do that with the overwhelming number of people deciding to adopt.
We are off again, headed to Houston this afternoon to see our family. It is Labor Day, and "D's" birthday-so we will be FAT and happy this weekend!!! More CAKE-but it is chocolate this time-I do chocolate too, just prefer white.
So I hope everyone has a great,long weekend.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!!

No comments: