Monday, July 30, 2007
Here is what you have been waiting for! We think she is going through an awkward stage right now. We have a bit of puppy envy going on with my MIL's puppy(see below) being here, and well.... her little girl looks like one of the cutest puppies I have ever seen. they don't even look like the same breed, much less from the same litter.
We are certain that our little miss will grow into her cuteness. She is very friendly, and VERY CURIOUS, and seems very calm for a puppy. She has had a very good first day. No accidents at all!! However she REFUSES to walk on leash. That is going to have to change.
We are happy dog owners again!! Enjoy the scoop of sweet.
This one has been named......peekaboo. I didn't have any part in the naming of that cute baby.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Who: Some of my dearest friends
Why: To Celebrate my "oldness"
The Result: SIMPLY AMAZING
Here I am modeling one of my favorite presents!! In the last few months I have been complaining that my eyesight is not what it use to be, and that I need to go to the eye doctor to see if I need glasses...yes I do need some specs, I can't see to read for godsakes, and I really don't need anyone but me to tell me that tidbit. But my friend "K"(dark hair next to me) was so kind to tell me not to waste money on expensive prescription glasses, but to just go to Target and buy 20 pairs of the $1 glasses and stash them everywhere. Well let me tell you that the pair she searched all over town for in her mission of funniness, was not the $1 aisle at Target, these pink rhinestone beauties are from Neiman's....what a gift and what a friend(by the way she is older than me, and has more experience in needing the glasses than I have.....maybe just 3 months more experience -LOL) Anyway, how cute are these? Love them, and they came in a REALLY neat case. It was accompanied by a candle that smells like white cake....could I ask for anything else?
The only semi downside to the lunch at the fancy schmancy place was the waiter "Ed" great waiter, very patient with a group of six gaggling women who couldn't make up their minds. He was very entertaining until he decided to share with us how his girlfriend is in from England for a month, and he has not had 8 continuous hours of sleep since she arrived....Ed, dude, TMI, now go get the birthday girl her dessert. eeeeeewwww yuck!
He did do a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday though.
Thanks Ed, you made the lunch very entertaining.I just want to tell you all that I am so lucky to have the circle of friends that I do. Some of these girls I have known for 20 years, and some for just a smiggen of that. But regardless of the time I have known them, I am so blessed to call them friend, and know that they would all be there in a time of celebration, or a time of need. Don't know what I would do without my girlfriends.
I had such a wonderful day my friends, thank you for welcoming me into the 40's club. But be reminded to half of that table who will be 40 next year.....paybacks are a b!*tch, and I will be there to welcome you to the club with open arms:)
The 40 year old soon to be mother(okay, to a 16 year old from China, but hey no need to split hairs here)
Friday, July 27, 2007
But I feel like I have so much to do to get ready for her arrival.
I have bought the clicker, the puppy mats, the BIG bottle of Natures Miracle, a new bed with her name embroidered on it, her new collar(with her name embroidered on it too) a new pink leash, I have read Puppies for Dummies once and now I am re-reading it and taking notes this time. I still need to spray down the crate, and put it together.....and then I would say we are as ready as we are ever going to be for our newest family member.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Okay, I will be the first to say that I can't believe that I am exposing my back (my arms look like vienna sausages at the top)-this is when you are glad that you don't have a big following. So look beyond the body attached to this mane.
I decided to start growing my hair out last year as we were finishing up our dossier. I had decided that it would be easier to have a ponytail in China, and I thought it would be awesome to use it as a benchmark of the time passing, with the plan to cut and donate my hair here when we return from China. You must have 10 inches from one end of a pony tail to the other.
This may turn into the story of Rapunzel before it all ends.
I normally keep my hair cut to my chin in a bob, and I actually really like that cut with my long facial structure, but I can't tell you how much I love being able to just put my hair in a clip or a pony. Piece of cake, and I don't have to wash my hair everyday(it is long and people it is thick, so let me tell you that blowing drying this mop takes a long time, so I love not having to wash it everyday...not complaining, just don't like having to spend 30 min blowing it out)
I am pretty sure that by the time we get back from China it will be more than half way down my back, so I guess I will have the option to still keep it relatively long and still donate at least 10 inches.
So I will take another picture in about 6 months and we will compare.
I may have enough for everyone to donate:)
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
But I find it my job now to try and make all of you the best passengers you can be. Most important rule of thumb. Give the f/a's your magazines and you will have a friend for life!
But this list is to just share with you in a nutshell what our job is really like....it is not so glamorous. As a passenger you should be able to still relate. If you have done any of these.....all I can say is never do them again.....you are who we talk about in the galley!
YOU MIGHT BE A FLT ATTENDANT IF...
1. You never unpack
2. You look to the ceiling when your doorbell goes off
3. You wish you had jet engines mounted in your bedroom so you could fall asleep faster
4. You don't ever write a full city name anymore(bugs your non airline friends) DTW MCO FCO BOM
5. You get excited over certain types of ice
6. You curse every "Bose headset wearing moron"--yes the electronic device announcement means you
7. You know how to look fresh in 5 day old clothes
8. No matter how many times you clean out your suitcase you still find ancient hidden treasures in there
9. You HATE boarding
10. You LOVE deplaning
11. Turbulence is not caused by clouds but caused by the initial movement of all beverage carts
12. You can't believe you've never been in a hotel van accident
13. You loathe your CEO
14. Businessmen on cell phones rank up there with the CEO
15. You remember the passengers with great manners(that's sad) .....we don't get many! Please and Thank you go a very long way!
16. You LOVE the Nicoderm commercial(if you have not seen it go to www,youtube.com and search it)
17. You can't remember when UM's ( UNACCOMPANIED MINORS) actually became bigger than you , ou also can't believe how young the children are that parents put on the plane by themselves.
18. You love foreigners because they can't adequately complain in English
19. You despise foreigners because they can't communicate effectively
20. You secretly cheer when another flight attendant has to deal with the medical emergency
21. You HATE on board duty free
22. You can't stand the frequent flyer who says"I fly more than you..." NO YOU DON"T!
23. You hate seeing passengers at your layover hotel
24. #$K drink cup & tray stackers ...I promise we can do it just fine without you stacking them...they always fall, and spill everywhere.
25. You hate when drinkers start calling you by name(don't buddy up to me loser) We will still cut you off, and we will still say that will be $5
26. You long for the days when it was easy to rig the hotel TV for free movies
27. You want to smack the nail clipping ,finger nail polishing, perfume spraying, nose picking, snoring morons (oh I mean passengers)
28. You do not want passengers talking to you while nonreving(when we fly on our passes) It is why we put our ipods on people!!
29. You travel in uniform for the liquids creams and gel exemption
30. If passengers can't find the flush button on the toilet---they should stay in there till they do!!!!!!!!
31. No I don't have a pen (you can borrow)
32. You are excited to find a can of different soda that is not supposed to be on your airline
33. You never imagined you could pass gas all the way across the Atlantic(jet belly my friends)
34. You get tired of telling people what you have to drink and showing them how to use the traytable!
35. You LOVE to sleep more than you love Rome!
36. You hate early morning departures---Who in the hell HAS to fly at 6 am ?
37. You wish your manager actually WAS a f/a at one point in there life
38. You can't believe your senior f/a is in their 80's-(doesn't matter what airline - they all have them) Retire already!
39. You try not to go the bathroom on the plane but you sure can catch a good nap in there
40. You hate that passengers think they can hear you without taking off there headsets
41. You wish bassinets were never invented
42. You are glad there are no hidden cameras in the galley
43. Your friends truly don't get the commuting part---"so you have to fly when and your trip starts where?? "
44. YES, "Remain seated for the duration of our flight" DOES mean YOU
45. There is one person at the airline you can't stand to fly with(sorry I have more than 1)
46. You can't figure out why your manager is not held accountable for the same things you are ie....why is fine that she can't drive to JFK because of the snowstorm, but she can't figure out why I can't fly there??
47. Your jumpseat partner knows more about you than your spouse or life partner
48. You know every departure time and arrival of every airline that flies to your home city...we commute people, we know these things.
49. We really mean it when we say we want to depart or land as much as you do!!
50. You want to announce over the p.a system that we really don't give a rats ass if you bring your seat forward for landing, but it is our job to do so, so we do it:)
Please also remember that our day did not start when yours did, it does not end when yours does. Don't be offended if we don't act thrilled out of our minds that you are going to Disney or Hawaii for the first time.....it is just another day on the airplane going to some random city as far as we are concerned. Our smiles wore off 10 hours ago. Our average day is 12-13 hours on the airplane, and most crew commute now, so most of us have only a 16 hour day if we are lucky!We really do want to be nice to you, but don't forget that we are in the transportation industry, the objective is to get from point A to Point B safely, and we really do try to do it with a smile on our face.
****as an added note our student(Shiyu-aka Amy) just called from Chongqing. She played a very short song for us on the piano, and told us her visa interview is this week, and that she promises to do well on it. She is scheduled to arrive Aug 18th. Her mom also got on the phone to say "Hello, how you, and we are fine" So cute!! We can't wait for her to get her.***
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
13 1/2 inches