Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Waltz Across Texas with Me!











Okay boy's and girl's, just as I promised I am taking you on a tour of Texas. With my minor disaster at the consulate I toured a little more of Texas then first anticipated. With almost 850 miles on my car since Wednesday, I am well equipped to be in charge of carpool when our daughter goes off to school.
I would have labeled the pictures, but not really sure how to do that right now. Don't have a ton of time on my hands-have been gone since Wednesday, and now we are in the mad dash to get Connor ready to move to school tomorrow. This is a very emotional rollarcoaster ride for our family right now-dossier headed for China, and Connor leaving for college. Kleenex please.
If you know how to label, please offer some instruction or advice.
1.Here are all of our documents ready to be put together to form our dossier-Yeah!! 4 1/2 months later!!
2.Here is such a lovely picture after being in the car all day-but we were leaving with our dossier to take it to our SW-Stella-what a feeling, never thought this day would arrive.
3. Here is our dossier all tied up in it's lucky red ribbon.
4.Here is the Sam Houston Memorial in Huntsville-he is REALLY BIG!!!
5.This is halfway between Austin and Houston (LaGrange)They claim that they have the best kolache's, but West is still my favorite.
6.This was a rainbow I saw on my way back from Austin(2nd time)thought it was profound after the day I had had.
7.Remember I told you about Czech Stop in West,TX? well here are my 2 fav's cherry kolache, and chocolate macaroons(these are to die for)Yes, that is my really cute Cythnia Rowley purse in the background that I got for the summer-just love that purse.
8.State Capital of TX-isn't she a beauty? Right across the street from SOS
9. The road to Houston
10.The Chinese Consulate in Houston-spent way too much time here this last week.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well as I said we are off to San Marcos(south of Austin) to move Connor to school tomorrow. Should have some interesting stories from this adventure.
Update to follow.
Wish me luck that I don't boo hoo too much in front of the new roommate that enjoys symphonic music-
I don't think he and Connor will be a match made in heaven, I am pretty sure.

No comments: