Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Adoption Bible!


Okay, this is a permanent fashion accessory for me at this point-it looks great with everything I wear. It has become a really big joke in our house, because I don't go anywhere without The Bible or The Book. When I come downstairs in the morning it comes with me, when I go upstairs to go to bed...it goes with me, you get the point. You just never know when the house might catch fire, and which case it is important to know that I will be grabbing my purse, and The Book-and probably not in that order. I tell "D" all the time that in that case he and the dog are on their own...a girl has to have her priorities(okay, just kidding) but I would make sure the book made it out safely. I know I am worrying subconsciously about the security of the book, because the other night I had what I would call a pretty darn scary nightmare. I dreamt that we had gone somewhere in "D's" car, and I left The book in the backseat, and once inside I realized my critical error, so I grabbed the keys to go back to retrieve "The 8th wonder of the world", and while walking back to the car a man came towards me with a gun, and was carjacking me!!! Okay, are you kidding me? I kept telling him that he could have my husband's car, and I would be happy to throw in everything inside, and I could even give him my address to go by and pick up my car as well....BUT, there was just this silly little notebook in the back seat that I must have, and if he would let me have it, there would be no problem with stealing our car. But if not, he needed to know that I was an adopting mother, and couldn't be held responsible for my actions, and I was just going to go "ninja" if he didn't give me my notebook. In my dream the guy just kept looking at me like I was freakin crazy( well...I am, I have been paperchasing for 4 months) Well, then I woke up in a complete sweat, and woke "D" up to tell him about the terrible nightmare I had just had. His response to me was..."J" you are really starting to worry me. You need to add some other interest to your list. Okay...he is not getting the magnitude of this constant worry. Not sure what I will do once everything is in China, I suppose I will find something...like the CCAA losing my "book"
I guess I will have to retire my copy of The Book to the safety deposit box for the next year for safe keeping. I really think this process should come with therapy, because I think it is making me CRAZY!!! At least CRAZY with worry.

No comments: