Monday, October 16, 2006

Some issues that are bothering me right now.....

1. Can TIVO not figure out how to allow football to run long(every freaking Sun) and understand despite the change in time, if I have selected The Amazing Race to be tivoed (is that even a word?) then that means regardless of what time the show comes on, I want it to tape the whole blessed show. Yes, that is right just after Peter/Sara & the Barbies finished their alligator wrestling it STOPPED, and asked me if I wanted to delete or keep. We had to wait until this morning to find out the results. We had the TV on while we were working on building shelves for all of my shoes, but didn't think a thing about it....as we were tivoing it (right? no worries) It really was irritating, and more so when we then tivoed The Morning Show so we could wake up and see who was booted off, and for whatever reason they don't have them on like they do Big Brother and Survivor. Very disappointing. They finally gave the rundown on the website, and now so frustrated that we didn't get to see them explain the whole new twist to non elimination rounds. On a final Amazing Race note, how irritating is that Peter? If I were Sara, I would take off my leg, and whack him over the head. You notice he has her do all the hard stuff, and he stands on the sidelines offering patronizing cheers.

2. This is really bugging me, and am quite frankly surprised that this subject isn't burning up the Yahoo message boards. What the hell?? Do we actually think that Madonna waited the 49 days that we waited for our I171, or my friend that waited 12 weeks for hers? There is no International Adoption in Malawi(sp?) but they commented that you would have to be in the country for 18 months before being allowed to pursue an adoption from there. Extra (the end all, be all in the world of celebrity) interviewed the dad, and it sounded like she paid him like $10,000 and she donated $3 mil to an orphanage, stayed 8 days and WHAMO her adoption was complete. Celebrities seem to have so much clout in getting stuff done when it affects them, so if any of them actually had to go through what the rest of us go through to realize this dream then maybe we would make some headway. Like getting the I171 extension, or making that process easier and more efficient. I think this just sends out a negative message that if you have enough money, and know the right people you to can go shopping for a child of your choice. I am sure if the $10,000 is true; that it is probably a lifetime of working salary for that man. A mere fortune.

3. Why are people so quick to judge?? Especially women?? We should be more supportive of each other.

4. I just received an email from Compass bank citing changes in charges for acct holders.
Not that this affects me personally, but noticed that they now charge a $72 fee for overdrafts. Yes, you heard me right $72. Are you kidding me?? I realize that they have to try to provide consequences for those who make this a habit, but lets be realistic here. $72 is virtually pure profit for the bank, and this could literally ruin someone if they had a little mess up in their accounting(come on, we have all done it) This is highway robbery.

5. How can medication for pets cost so much?? I took our 12 year old cocker spaniel to the vet last week. She is having some additional back problems(back surgery last Nov) so for the vet to look at her, clean her ears($36 just for that 5 min of their time) and 3 presciptions, I walked out of there 30 min later with a $196 bill, and that was after using a $15 off coupon. What do people do that can't even buy their own presciptions?? It was worth it, she is back to her old self, and feeling great, and very sassy.

6. What is the deal with High School, and College kids driving cars nicer than most of the adults I know? What is that teaching our kids?

7. We saw a birthday party over the weekend for a 2 year old, and yes there was a full size carousel set up in the front yard of this mini mansion. Who is that party actually for? What happened to cupcakes and pin the tail on the donkey??

8. What has changed that has brought gas down to what seems to an affordable price? Doesn't the fact that I think $1.99 is reasonable bug you enough?? But really, what has changed??

9. If North Korea slows up our adoption(anymore than it has already been slowed up) Nicole and I are going over there to kick some khaki wearing, Hollywood movie watching arse. Kim Jung are you listening? And why is it that North Koreans have no cell phones or internet access, but North Korea as a country has a website??

10. Why does the Bachelor always keep women on that show that are not worth keeping, nor cute, nor sane?? Erica the princess, and Desiree the stripper?? what is the deal? Yes, I admit that I watch the Bachelor, no I don't need any comments on this.

Okay, it feels better to just vent these frustrations, but this is just the tip of the iceberg on the issues bugging me. These are just what have been bugging me the last 48 hours or so. I really need to start doing yoga, or going to a good therapist, maybe getting a life....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is hard, Julie.

Mamacita said...

OK, I admit I was pretty pissed (since I was on vacation) that 60 minutes ran over into MY "Amazing Race" and Tivo couldn't figure out how to record it properly. Irritating!

Anonymous said...

Right there with ya!

Carla said...

I'm right there with you on the Tivo thing. We finally set it up to record Cold Case as well as we figure Sunday Night football is going to run over every week.

I'm so ready for Peter to be eliminated...wish they could eliminate single people. Non-elimination thing is if Kentucky show up 2nd-last place they have a 30 minute "penalty" to serve before being allowed to check in.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I get it. I'm annoyed with Blogger, which will only allow me to post decent posts from work. Sometimes goofy things happen and I can't post from home.