Friday, October 20, 2006

May I have cheese with my WHINE please??

Each month when referrals come I get a little excited with wonderment of how far they might get? Maybe this will be the month where all of sudden things turn around, and we actually see some progress, and we can visually see that someone is actually working in China. Obviously, if they only made it to the 23rd, then we know that no one is working, they all just keep freaking going on VACATION-Dude I would like a vacation, a vacation from WAITING!!! So this month I am not excited, not anticipating, not even hopeful, not going to keep refreshing the CCAA website on Sunday night. So for those getting your referrals please know that I am sorry, but the reality for the rest of us is, that we are not one month closer, and they are *officially* 15 months behind; it is just a little too much right now. On a side note to those who happen to be reading and have been waiting far longer than we have, and want to tell me to suck it up we have a long way to go...I just have this to say. We have been LID for a month, but you know that second you start your paperwork is when your really start waiting...remember? Plus most everyone started this process thinking they were going to be waiting 8-10 months tops, that was not so terrible to get a grasp of in your mind. You started this wait, and had part of your wait to be hopeful. We have started our LID waiting with 2-3 years ahead of us-so we feel like we are climbing Everest from the bottom. So please don't be so quick to snap at me so early in this game of chess.
Hope is not really in the cards right now.

Here's to our 1 month anniversary of being LID, if that actually means anything at this point. And here is to my 2000 hit coming up in I would guess the next 12 hours. I know what it says on that little ticker on the side, but that was just done in the last month or so. My sitemeter show 1994 hits. Not sure how, not sure why, and really not sure how you could have that many hits, and have so few comments....must be very boring, and not very amusing, and a lot of accidental hits looking for chinese sailing stories or something.

Well, well there little missy aren't you in just a pisspot mood?? Yes, thank you I will have some cheese with my WHINE!!!! I need me some good referral news, even a good referral story. I like thinking one referral round at a time, then it doesn't seem so far away. if you were number 24 or 25 in line you would not feel as cruddy as I do, but when you say 25 months that just seems like I need my own sherpa to start carrying the burdan of this wait.

6 comments:

wzgirl said...

Girl, I totally feel you on this one. And, one month - well that must just feel like a drop in the bucket at this point....but, they (the months) will rack up pretty quickly before you know it.

None-the-less, the wait suckssssssss! Hang in there, we've got to be there for each other. XO

walternatives said...

I want to be number 2000 - was I? Can we just pretend?

Rhonda said...

I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately we all do.

Hopefully the time starts passing a lot more quickly for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Take a break from it and breath. It is okay to feel pissed.

Headmeister said...

I hear ya sister... Hang in there, we'll all be there with you!

bbmomof2boys said...

We are all there with ya chick!! You mentioned a good referral story - check out Salsa in China. They just received their twins!!

Carla
~LID 5/30