Monday, October 09, 2006

Only 78 shopping days left!

Gosh, I can't believe another week has blown by. It literally feels like time is flying by. It is really hard to imagine that we started this process 7 months ago. Although there have been days that seem to creep by(especially while waiting for that I171) it has actually gone by very quickly. Oh the things I have learned and the friends that I have made in the last 7 months.
I just got an email from a group of girls that I went to college with, and we try to meet up at least once a month for lunch or dinner for some good quality girl talk. The proposed date was November 11th.....what November??? Where did Aug, Sept and Oct go?? That was the immediate thought that raced through my mind. Had I missed the end of summer, back to school, Labor day? No, but I seem to have little recollection of any of it. It is all a blurrrrr
November means that I need to start thinking about Thanksgiving, the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade(I love parades), warmer clothes, leaves in the pool, leaves to rake, kids coming home, buying Christmas presents, buying Christmas presents, getting Christmas decorations out and up, Christmas cards, and oh I know...buying Christmas presents. That is right kids, Christmas is only 11 weeks away, which means only 78 shopping days left on the calendar. 66 for those of you celebrating Hanukkah, and 79 if Kwanzaa is more your thing.
Regardless of the holiday you chose this year, it is freaking around the corner!!
Holy Crapoli, that means 07' is just 85 days away, and I am actually looking forward to the new year. I have told myself that if we get really lucky we will be getting our referral at the beginning of 08' so that would mean that when we celebrate New Years this year, that we could possibly be just a year away from seeing that much anticipated picture of our daughter(this is a really sad confession on my part that I think a year away sounds GREAT, even though when we started this process we would have told you that we would have been home for months, and up to our necks in snuggles, smiles, poop, sleep deprevation, dresses, and pigtails) This would mean referral times hold steady at 15-16 months. Never hurts to hope. I will have a post to reevaluate this time frame after the first of the year. But for the next 70-80 days I am going to keep my eye on that prize. At least it will get me down the road, and through the holidays without a straight jacket*okay, maybe that is a slight exaggeration, as I feel like scrooge by about Dec 15th. Because like so many other women when it comes to vacations, and holidays, we are the crank that makes the wheel turn. If it were not for us, we would never travel on vacation, vacation would be an afternoon filled with a slip in slide, and a slurpee from 7-11, and holidays would come and go as though it were just another Tuesday.
So think back, feel good about how far you have come, and let's hope that the next 7 months blow by so quickly.
TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE HAVING FUN....grrrrrrrrr

1 comment:

Linda Dove said...

I love the holidays, but can't shop until I really feel "in the holiday spirit"...which often means Dec. 23rd!