Thursday, October 02, 2008

My latest purchase




Okay, over the course of 2 1/2 years of being in the adoption process I have looked at many items that I knew we would need. I have spent hours reading consumer reports on items that have safety standards. From traveling I had seen every make and model of stroller checked on the plane, and been to cities where it is a must to have a really good stroller. So I had long ago determined that I was getting the Maclaren Techno brown and pink stroller for my car. I had already purchased a less expensive Maclaren for D's car.

Well last week while at TJMa## with a friend(not shopping for a stroller) I come across this Peg Perego Pliko M3 stroller, it caught my eye because of the kelly green color. Because I have been looking at strollers on-line I know how much they all cost, and had just relaxed about the price of the stroller I was vying for. But I started pushing this green machine around and feeling how good it felt to drive, and then attempted to fold it up, which happend rather easily(not normally an easy task for any novice such as myself) I knew it was a fairly expensive stroller, and I was loved, loved, loved the color, the features it had and the the ease of driving it. But there was no price to be found....I love free!!


Anyway, we asked one of the sales people and she told us how she was not sure why someone had even removed it from its box(that was priced) and that she would have to find out for us. In the mean time I continued looking at it and experiencing all that it had to offer me. Then the manager came and said he had another particular stroller in the box if I was interested in looking at that one....it was more expensive than the one I am looking at and says it is $149.00......hmmmmmm I am thinking well then how much is the green machine if it is cheaper. He then says, how about I sell it to you for $119? I was in utter shock that I couldn't even speak for a minute, and then the thought raced through my mind that if I jump too quickly he will realize his mistake and tell me the "real" price. Thankfully my friend was there to tell him to mark it and we would take it!!! I almost felt guilty walking to the checkout, as it felt like I was shoplifting I was getting such a great deal. Needless to say the Maclaren pink and brown stroller will be going home with someone else, and I am thrilled with my big new green machine that I can remove the hood on and a big pink monogram will be going on soon:)

Good deal huh? I love when this happens, it doesn't happen often, but when it does it feels sooooo good.

6 comments:

wzgirl said...

Score!! You go girl...! I'm happy that you've chosen GREEN! (Even tho, I like pink, too) xo

C's Mom said...

Spanky!

Indeed, I'll be the one toting the Maclaren pink and chocolate home ;0)

Anne Marie said...

Great job!!! I love the Pliko M3! We had a pink and black one given to us by my BIL..so once we got a referral for a boy, we gave it back to him for his future child.

walternatives said...

What a score! Can you be on the lookout for one for us, but (oh, this tickles me to say this) "Make It a Double."

Can't wait to see the monogram on top!

Kayce said...

Schweet deal! Love the color!

rachel said...

very cool! nice score! :)