Sunday, June 10, 2007

There's a new girl in town.

Here is our new girl. Now tell me that's not cute. I am not sure if you can tell or not, but she has red hair! Yep, you heard me right. our little Meggie is showing her true Irish colors, it is absolutely red, ginger, whatever you want to call it. Can you believe that she has this much hair. Had she gone to term there would have been enough hair for the full on bow-head look. She is a girl after her Aunt J's heart.

They are already giving her formula and breast milk(about 4 days earlier than planned) because she is doing so well. We were wrong on her weight(even on the birth certificate) she really weighed 3 lbs 8 oz, and when you are that small, and a girl it is important to have all the details right. However the stork is wrong in the front yard(didn't get that correction until it was too late) Meggie's mommy came home today. She said it was very hard to leave her behind. But she will be to visit everyday, and we hope that since all the nurses say she is a lean mean fighting machine that she will hopefully only be there for 4 weeks.

So I know you are oooohhhhing and gooooooooing right along with me. I just can't get over how cute she looks for being so early. We were all really expecting her to look like a baby bird for a few weeks. But instead we have a real red headed beauty on our hands.

***** I know you aren't looking to see pictures of woi, but please know that this is not the greatest of pictures of Aunt J, but was the best one to give you a good size perspective. I had not had more than 6 hours of sleep, or any make up the entire time I was there. Plus you can see the results of taking the kids to the pool everyday, and by the time I was done putting sunscreen on them, it never made it to my body. So while the kids never burnt, I can't say the same for myself. Oh how I will look forward to the day when I am looking like this all the time:)*****


10 comments:

walternatives said...

Aunt J, you look gorgeous (as always!). Thank you (and Meggie's family) for posting photos of that tiny cutie-pie. Red hair and a dimpled chin - she looks like a spunky lass to me. Go - GROW - Meggie!

"M" said...

Oh my goodness, she is so tiny and so adorable!!!! Hope she continues to progress along well and will get to come home soon.

C's Mom said...

Major cuteness in that tiny package.

wzgirl said...

(gushing)

Oh! How sweet! You are such a wonderful Auntie, by the way. You are both very, very sweet! XO

Unknown said...

Congrats to all. What a lovely picture...love this blog

Anonymous said...

Itty bitty baby. she is cute! Have fun.

Headmeister said...

she is oooohhhhh so beautiful!!!! And so are you chica!

Marcy Dunaway said...

What a cutie-pie! I am so glad you got to be there! I'm glad you're back in town, if only for a day or 2! And you look beaut-i-mus! :)

Anne Marie said...

So beautiful! You'd never know she had such a rough start. (And you look great too, but I know what you mean!)

Anonymous said...

Well now, Meggie is an adorable little girl! She looks extremely healthy despite her tiny size. Go Meggie! Congrats to everyone.

And hey, who needs makeup when they've got the sun? You're lovely, Aunt J!