Saturday, June 02, 2007

Here I go again




I know it seems like all I do is go out of town, but here I go again.

My best friend(keeper of the nest) has been on bed rest now for 13 weeks, she is 30 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child(a girl-Meggie) and while I was on the phone with her on Friday her water broke(not completely, but it broke) By the miracle of modern medicine they are able to feed her antibiotics, and keep her in the hospital while they also give her steroids to help the baby's lungs and final brain development progress. They said they can possibly keep her like this for up to 4 weeks! Who knew??
So in the mean time Jack and Katie( my two darlings) are being passed from neighbor to neighbor to friend, to babysitter. So Aunt J is on her way for the week to help out. So we will be at the pool each day, trying to enjoy summer as every other 3 & 5 year old are this summer, and not thinking about the fact that mommy is in the hospital.
So I will be there until Friday, and then we are headed back to Houston to take my MIL home(sorry I am going to miss her last week here visiting with us, can't wait to see what she does with my yard while I am gone) while we are in Houston we will also be going to D's 30 year HS class reunion(now that should be fun)
So I am outta here, and wishing a happy week to those who will see their child's face for the first time, and hoping the numbers will look better than forecasted.
I will return with good pictures, some good stories, and hopefully a good tan!

Please keep the keeper of the nest in your thoughts, she could use some good karma right about now.
Adios

5 comments:

Donna said...

So glad you are able to help out! Sending good thoughts your friend's way.

walternatives said...

You, my dear, are an extraordinary friend! I'll be holding the Nest Keeper in my thoughts, sending positives to her and YOU. Wishing you and the children loads of new memories together.

C's Mom said...

Your friend is in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Modern medicine is cool and creepy all at the same time. Good luck with your baby watch.

Anne Marie said...

Wow! I will be absolutely be keeping the keeper of the nest as well as the rest of her family in my thoughts. Have a great time with Jack and Katie. Oh, summers at the pool...what memories.