Thursday, June 07, 2007

The stork dropped off an extra one

It is with great pleasure that we announce the birth of Megan Josephine. She was born this morning at 6:13 a.m. weighing in at a whopping 3 lbs 4 oz and she is approx 13 1/2 inches long. She came out crying, and is doing remarkably well considering that she is 9 weeks early. She is breathing on her own, and they are only having to give her antibiotics, and IV fluids. We feel very lucky that she is doing so well, there are a lot of babies in the NICU that are so much smaller than Meggie. She has tons of strawberry blond hair, and looks just like Jack did as a baby. So what could be cuter??

Her Mommy is doing pretty well considering this was her 3rd C-section. She is scheduled home on Sunday. Meggie will follow behind in about 4-6 weeks. They usually keep them until their due date, but because she was actually pretty big(that is relative, considering her diaper would not even fit on a doll) they seem to think 6 weeks will be her max stay at the Ritz Carleton.

I have been so busy with Jack and Katie, that I am brain dead and a bad aunt as I showed up at the hospital without my camera.
So I will have to post pictures over the weekend of our beautiful girl.

Thanks for all of the well wishes, and I can't wait for you to see what a beauty she is.
I am headed home tomorrow, and hopefully will be back when Meggie arrives home.
I look forward to the day I can hold, and love on her.
It has been a very long road to this little miracle.

I will try to post while we are in Houston for the big HS reunion(that D is claiming he is not interested in attending anymore) too bad....we're going.


6 comments:

"M" said...

Wonderful news! Congratulatins to your friend and family. Glad everthing worked out well.

Marcy Dunaway said...

Wow! Congratulations! Little Meggie and Momma will be in my prayers! I'm so glad you could be there for her!

I gave Sean's teacher her bag today and she love, love, loved it!

Come home soon--I miss you!

wzgirl said...

Wee - but long! Isn't it great that you are there! Hugs, you. XO

walternatives said...

Good to hear that Meggie is ok as is her Momma. You are such a GOOD Aunt, and a true friend. Hoping DH will be spoiling you silly the next few days.

Anne Marie said...

Glad Meggie is AOK given her early arrival! Can't wait to hear that she is at home with her family.

C's Mom said...

Glad that all is going well considering the early Ms. Girlie.

Hang in!