Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We are the proud new parents of a fuzzy little girl


Okay, what happens when you breed a cream standard poodle with a chocolate labradoodle?
You become the proud new parents of a black f1b labradoodle. We just found out this morning that Zeta had her puppies last night. 9 little fuzzy beautiful creatures. 8 are cream, and the special one(ours) is the only dark, dark chocolate almost black one.
***** Can you guess which one is ours?? LOL***** We couldn't be more excited. It has taken a long time for us to even considering bringing another dog into our house. We are both still actively grieving the loss of our 12 year old cocker. I hope this puppy will bring some new life into the house, and make it active again. I look forward to going for walks, and trips to the park, and rides in the car.
It is all very strange. We both had agreed that we wanted a labradoodle, but we spent a great deal of time searching for the right breeder. We knew that we wanted a second generation as they are less likely to shed. We thought that would be good for the baby, as she might have allergies. Plus need I remind you I am a little OCD, and so dog hair in my house does not work for me and my illness. We came across what appears to be a wonderful breeder who doesn't breed that often, and they specialize in chocolate doodles. I have a thing for black and chocolate dogs. I knew that Zeta was due memorial day weekend, and this particular breeder does not do a list, she tells you when the dogs are due, and you keep in contact and if she has a puppy that fits your desires than she makes a match. I emailed her last night when I went to bed, and sure enough we awoke to an email announcing that 9 puppies had been born. She told me that she thought that she had the puppy we had been waiting for as all of them were cream except for one. We knew that this was meant to be. So I sent her the deposit this morning, and then she emailed me this afternoon, and told me that she had a closer examination of the pups, and that our girl is really more of a dark, dark chocolate or almost black color. She said that she could not believe it, as they had never had a black pup, and how did they get a black pup from a cream daddy and a chocolate momma?? She said I hope that black is okay, as she is beautiful. I almost cried I was so happy. Chocolate was fine as I have always wanted a chocolate dog, but the fact that she is black just makes me buzz with happiness. I know that she is the dog for us. D responded with....."that is so awesome" So I told her that we were thrilled, and to take good care of our girl, and we can't wait to see pictures of her. We should be able to get her in about 8 weeks, so the end of July we will make the journey to pick up our new girl.

I hate to divuldge what I think our new fuzzy baby will be named as I know a few folks that are naming their daughter this. But I must tell you that this named was picked because I love this name, and it was on our name list for the baby. So if I can't name our daughter this, I decided that I had one last chance to use it. So as of late her name will be Ruby. There are still a couple of choices on the table, but this is my vote.












11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A puppy! Congrats - can't wait to see pictures.

Anne Marie said...

Oh yay!!! I am so glad you have found the puppy for you and I can't wait to see her pictures. I know you still miss Mattie terribly, but I am glad that you are ready to take this step!

wzgirl said...

I'm happy, too! I can't wait to see your new pics - Mama!

walternatives said...

Congratulations on your new pooch! What names are you considering?

Headmeister said...

OMG, too precious!!! And I LOVE the name RUBY! I would have named our own daughter that but it sounds horrible with our last name...lol. I can't wait for you to go get her!!!!! YAY!!!

Jenni said...

So cute - It's always amazing to me how small the puppies are and how big they end up being!

walternatives said...

Back again to see the photo and have to chime in that I LOVE the name Ruby. One of the best dogs that I ever had the pleasure to live with was a liver colored springer spaniel named Ruby Louise DuBoise.

Donna said...

Cute, cute, and more cute! So happy for you.

Beeb said...

Anything mixed with poodle is ok in my book. you're gonna love your girl! and the no shedding... ROCKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Doodles are fun. My girlfriend has one. He is named Rasta

aimeeg said...

One of my students has a doodle, and they love him! Said he's a great dog.