Thursday, May 17, 2007

She's Home!

Welcome to our newest US Citizen!

It has been a privilege to watch this trip. It really became part of my morning ritual to get a cup of tea, sit down at my computer, and see what has been happening in the world of Emme Lu. I really haven't visited this site much since we were paperchasing last summer. When I discovered this site it was an immediate obsession. I had read every single story, including every single day of their trip to China. For the families that were in China at the time, for me it was as good as reality TV. It felt as though I really knew them, I felt like I was right there with them on Gotcha day. I would wonder about them long after they were home and hadn't updated their site. But once we were logged in, and the reality of the "real" wait began to sink in, it was almost too much for me mentally to even think of jumping over there for a look see. Well fast forward about 7 months, and that is when I learned that we would be watching the trip to get Emme, it all became so new, so REAL for me to be watching someone from my group go pick up their child. If you missed it; trust me on this one you don't want to miss it, you will want to sit a spell, go here get a cup of joe and read every word, and see every picture of an amazing trip to China to pick up an amazing little girl who looks wise beyond her years.
It is one of the best China stories I have watched. I am sure it meant more to me because I feel like I know this family.
I love how it feels to be as excited about "my friends" going to get their children as I know I will be when it is our turn. It makes my day when I hear someone that I know is getting their referral, or that someone has found out that they were picked to be the lucky family to a WC. We have had a lot of good news amongst my group lately, and it is the good news we have all been needing. I think I will be watching at least one family at all times this summer, and I am really looking forward to seeing all of those families joined together. I think it makes it feel more "real" it makes you feel like you are making progress, and that it will actually really happen to you someday.
So I am excited to watch this little one thrive in her new home, with her forever family. I think she is going to do amazing things. Our family is wishing her a BIG welcome home, and a BIG thank you for letting us tag along for their journey of a lifetime.

No comments: