Saturday, March 24, 2007

Two of the loves of my life

Here is Jack and Katie, the little apples of my eye. There mom is my oldest dearest friend, more like a sister than a friend. She has blessed me with these two adorable little monkey's. I spent last week with them while they were on spring break. Their mom is having their 3rd child(little Meggie) and has been put on bedrest. As we can all imagine trying to run your entire household, and take care of a 3 & 5 year old from the comfort of your bed is pretty freaking challenging. So Aunt J came to help, and am headed back in just about 10 days. It was non-stop for 5 days, but worth every minute of it when you hear the giggles, the I love you's, and just the sparkle in their little eyes. We saw Disney on Ice(a must see...if you are under the age of 7) We had playdates with Jack's friends(not everyone has well behaved children) Slurpee runs, and a lot of camping out with Mommy to help keep her company.

There were some funny moments as well that might make them think twice about having Aunt J come back to help. The dog(Molly) ate an entire bowl of mashed potatos, and macaroni and cheese in one sitting, and then an entire stick of butter in another. I was given a pardon on this one, as they know I am only use to a dog that is about 20 inches high, and not one that can stand on her hind legs and help herself to whatever tasty treats Aunt J leaves out on the counter. I have now become the apple of Molly's eye, she can't wait for me to return. Then Miss Katie whom I refer to as the "perfect child" was put down for her nap(mind you without crying) and while I did check on her at one point during the 2 hours she was in her room(where she was found to be sound asleep) When I heard that she was awake, and went in to retrieve the cute little pickle, this is what I found!!

Yes, she had found a magic marker, and had gone hog crazy with it. Fortunately for me, and for her room she had spent most of her time working on her body art. It was everywhere, feet(top and bottom) hands, belly, diaper, obviously she looks like a coal miner with that face, and most of her shins were covered as well. She did make it to the dresser, the shutters, and a picture frame, but with luck, and a baby wipe that all came off.
We all had a good laugh, and "the perfect child" has been renamed "The Gremlin"
Yes, I was pardoned again, and told that this was really good practice for all the things my little gremlin would be getting into.

I hate that there is a medical reason that I am having to spend a great deal of time with them, but must say that I love seeing them, love spending time with them, and enjoy every minute with them. We will all look back, and laugh when it is all said and done and we bring home the new little one. So by July I will have 3 little apples.

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

The marker is too funny!! They are adorable.

C's Mom said...

They are adorable...the marker adds a very artistic touch ;0)

aimeeg said...

They are so adorable!

walternatives said...

YOU are adorable!! And obviously, a very dear and cherished friend. It was a lot of work and a labor of love. Good woman, you.

Headmeister said...

I need to find me a friend like you! And these two are ADORABLE!!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sounds like you had THE best time in teh world... aarr yeah... the magic marker... I have experienced a yellow one of those - a big yellow line down the hallway on the wall... (back in Australia). I have enjoyed reading your blog and will come back to read more. Take care... Felicity