Sunday, March 04, 2007

Didn't realize it had been so long!!!


I know, I know, I won't act like I have some amazing excuse for the lag in posting.
But I have had a lot going on lately.
So no excuses, I will just get right to it!


I went to Houston to pick up my MIL and her 2 dogs(Shadow & Banjo) and they came to stay with us for 2 weeks. I have the best MIL of anyone I know. She is so nice, she is friendly, helpful, fun, loves to shop, and actually loves me, and is very excited about the baby!! She was a world of help while she was here, and we only wish she could have stayed a bit longer. She will be back late in the summer to help me start the nursery.
Shadow & Banjo
Both dogs adjusted very well to our house. They loved running up and down the stairs, and back and forth chasing the squirrels in our backyard. Shadow doesn't really travel well, and seems to suffer a little motion sickness while in the car...so she threw up both directions-yuck!! But overall the travel was fine, and a good time had by all.
By the time I took them back home, we had been together for a total of 3 weeks, and she and I had bought pretty much everything there was to buy....some very serious shoppy shoppy went on during those 3 weeks.
I am a very lucky girl to have such a great MIL!!
Yes that is Mike Modano!
While my MIL was here we took her to a Stars game. Now I am not a big sports fan. But I must tell you what happens when I take in a hockey game. I just go crazy, I never sit down. I love hockey, I love the Stars(I loved them better when we still had Darrian Hatcher, and Eddie Balfour) but it is so exciting, so fun, and there is just nothing better when a good legal hockey fight breaks out, and sticks are flying. I really like it when there is a foul, and they stick the player in the naughty box...they should have the naughty box for every sport.
Anyway, we had great seats, great food, and a great time.
The Stars beat the Mighty Ducks 4-0
D & his mom. I don't love this picture of either of them, as it does not do them justice...my MIL is extremely attractive...she is 75 and has less wrinkles than I do!! Yes, D always smirks in pictures(that is why the CCAA will refer us the smirky baby, to match the passport picture he submitted)
I have a secret fantasy....I so want to drive the Zamboni at the hockey game. I have no idea why, but it looks so fun, and they use to have this cannon on there that shot out t-shirts to the crowd...I would really love to do that.
Okay, I have another post to follow to stay tuned, I will have it up in just a little bit, and you are going to be excited, it is really, really, good. So go have a cup of coffee, read the Sun paper, and come back and see me this afternoon!!

1 comment:

Mamacita said...

MMMmmmmmmmm, Zamboni!