Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trip to TECO

Okay so this is TECO in Houston(well the 20th floor) Greenway Plaza. You can see there are still some windows out from Hurricane IKE, but it was easy to get there and in and out quickly.....and they were really nice, very unlike my trip to the Chinese Consulate so long ago.
Here is the actual office, and I was one of 3 people in there, walked in handed her my papers, she doublechecked them, wrote my receipt, collected the money, and said to come back in 2 hours. She then asked how old my baby was, and how I was matched with her. I then of course had to show her a picture. She was so sweet about Hayden, and then proceeded to show the other ladies in the office the picture. They were all just telling me what a beautiful girl I had, and what beautiful eyes she had. It was very sweet. When I came back to get the paperwork, they had it ready for me, and as I left they said I would have to stop back by when I got her home so that they could meet her:) Yeah that didn't happen at the Chinese Consulate.


Here is the TECO stamp that you need for your paperwork. I was expecting a sheet on the front, but all of the documents had this stamp for the authentication. The paperwork for this adoption has been so much easier than our paperwork was with China. It is to the point, and clear cut on who needs to do what, and not a lot of duplication.
Our paperwork left for the agency last night with Fed Ex, and should be leaving for Taiwan today!!! So things are going well, and smooth at this point, and we are now looking forward to our first update.

6 comments:

"M" said...

Taking steps ......Very exciting! Loved the video, she's a real cutie!

walternatives said...

We're looking forward with you two!

Anne Marie said...

Woohooo! I am glad it was such a great experience. I actually got tears in my eyes when I went and saw the flag and sort of "entered Taiwan" in a way (if that makes any sense whatsoever).

It's cool to see the TECO stamp - they sent ours directly to the agency so I never got to see it.

Lisa said...

Yea,,, Off to Taiwan the paperwork goes...One step closer to Hayden, Now let's get that Hearing scheduled.
LOL
Lisa R

C's Mom said...

I'm so glad you had such a good experience :0)

Casey said...

One step closer.....

Casey :-)