Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Moon Festival-By the light of the silvery moon


By the light of the silvery moon.
Wow, we had an awesome dinner of hot pot and dumplings, and then sat outside and gazed at the moon looking for the girl with her rabbit(Chinese Folklore) and ate mooncakes. SHHHHHH dont tell anyone, but I actually like mooncakes. We had pinapple, lotus seed and red bean. I liked them all. But not as much as I enjoyed my dinner. WE love when Shiyu cooks for us. I do all of the chopping, and she does all of the cooking. No need to guess what I am eating for lunch tomorrow. I am a lucky girl, and I am getting very good at my using my chopsticks!!
**she has enough hot pot spice to almost get us through her 10 months here-thank god!!
**stay tuned to her answers to 20 questions. She has had a lot of homework, so she is about half way through her answers. We will try and have them by tomorrow or Thur.

6 comments:

walternatives said...

Curious - what did Shiyu cook tonight?

wzgirl said...

Tell Shiyu - no rush on the answers, homework comes first.

And, btw, if she wouldn't mind adding to the 20 q's - what spices go into hotpot? I'm especially interested in what the red seed ones are. The guy at our hot pot place (Little Sheep) said that it was a secret & wouldn't tell us....except to say that they are good for digestion & you could pour hot water over them for that purpose.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice night. I need to take an Asian cooking class. I really do.

Anne Marie said...

I like moon cakes too! Though I have only had the red bean ones. I must try the other ones next year!

Headmeister said...

OH - I asked a question or two - I know I'm late, but if you can sneak my questions in there too I'd love to hear her answers!

BTW - I am SOOOOO jealous of you having her cook for you. That must be some AMAZING food! I still don't have a clue what hot pot is and I've even seen a picture of it! lol!

Headmeister said...

Hey there pal-o-mine!

1st: Have you listened to Lyle's "it's not big, it's large" cd yet? It's pure magic!

2nd: where are Shiyu's questions? I'm excited to hear the answers!

3rd: I need your blogger login info again. I'm trying to change your CCAA image to reflect August being out of review and I can't login *sigh*

HUGS!