Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rapunzel I say


Okay, I will be the first to say that I can't believe that I am exposing my back (my arms look like vienna sausages at the top)-this is when you are glad that you don't have a big following. So look beyond the body attached to this mane.
I decided to start growing my hair out last year as we were finishing up our dossier. I had decided that it would be easier to have a ponytail in China, and I thought it would be awesome to use it as a benchmark of the time passing, with the plan to cut and donate my hair here when we return from China. You must have 10 inches from one end of a pony tail to the other.
This may turn into the story of Rapunzel before it all ends.
I normally keep my hair cut to my chin in a bob, and I actually really like that cut with my long facial structure, but I can't tell you how much I love being able to just put my hair in a clip or a pony. Piece of cake, and I don't have to wash my hair everyday(it is long and people it is thick, so let me tell you that blowing drying this mop takes a long time, so I love not having to wash it everyday...not complaining, just don't like having to spend 30 min blowing it out)
I am pretty sure that by the time we get back from China it will be more than half way down my back, so I guess I will have the option to still keep it relatively long and still donate at least 10 inches.
So I will take another picture in about 6 months and we will compare.
I may have enough for everyone to donate:)

7 comments:

aimeeg said...

First off, no back fat there lady!

That's a unique and cool way to pass the time and measure the wait. Let's hope that you don't have hair to the floor before these referrals come on!

wzgirl said...

Girrll - ex-nay on the back-flab-ay. For sure. OK? Your hair is lovely. As is your back - profile. What a great way to measure this wait. If my hair was as lovely as yours, I may copy you. Or, maybe I'll try to talk you out of it??....Hmmm??

XO

Anonymous said...

You have suck thick hair. Lucky. I say go for it. Drink lots of water and just let it grow.

walternatives said...

Your back is lovely, J. Sexy. And your hair is lush, too. Keep it growing!

Headmeister said...

Ok, if you have back fat, then what the hell do you call MY back fat??? Back folds and rolls of fat??? lol... You look mahvelous chickie, and it' been FAR TOO LONG since I've popped in to say hello...

I currently have the longest hair I've had since childhood, and as plain as it might be, it is SO EASY - I love it! So I totally understand...

Yeah, nice suck thick hair! lol!!!

Anne Marie said...

Echoing the rest of your fan club...no back fat, no sausage arms...whatcha been drinkin' lady?? (Kidding to any SWs reading)

Your hair looks great! Looking forward to the 6 mo. comparison.

Mya said...

Good idea on the pony tail! We just got home and it was so hot my hair would not doing anything else! It was so darn hot there and with new baby no time to feel pretty! Also, what a great way to help some one else out. I am so envious of your think hair!