Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter Wonderland!!

It may be referral day for everyone else, but it is a SNOW DAY for us in Texas! It doesn't happen very often, but a winter blast just arrived late last night, and even though it was 80' yesterday, it is now 28' as we speak. Now while I know you northerners are looking at this picture and laughing, I would like to remind you that we don't spend our tax dollars(thankfully) on being prepared for this kind of weather. Everything just shuts down, and everyone acts as though a blizzard just blew in. I will say our biggest problem when weather like this hits our area, it's not that little bit of snow, it is the ice that seems to come with it.
So we are shut in, and getting stuff done around the house. All will be well in our world tomorrow morning after the rush hour.
Happy Referral day to what seems a very small number of families. I suspect our referral will arrive sometime in 2014 with the current pace. grrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

3 comments:

Mamacita said...

Ok, that's just funny to me. We got over 12" in 24 hours Monday into Tuesday. Is that a snowman I see on your front lawn? Just kidding! I hope you don't get any ice storms. Now THOSE are nasty in Texas!

Anonymous said...

I dont want any part of it. You take your snow and keep it. We are going to die this weekend, arent we?

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your snow! I am eagerly waiting for it in PA!!!