Saturday, January 20, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Well we're off tomorrow to Tampa for our training on the BWM(see below) so while I am looking forward to feeling more proficient on the machine, I am a bit worried that it is going to open up a BIG new can of worms for me. The training is just one day. We have 9 hours one on one with this trainer. So it will just give me just enough information to be dangerous. Right at this moment I know very little about the actual use of my new machine. When I read through the multiple books that came with it, it might as well be in French, as it is speaking a different language. So my list of questions is fairly short at this point. I don't know enough to even ask good questions. So this training day is just going to educate me enough to let me go home, and drive myself and D crazy!! The good news is we can go back anytime in the next year for more training, which we might have to do.

On a great note, I went to the Dallas Market yesterday. My friend who has a showroom at market reserved a badge for me, and so I walked the nine floors yesterday looking at all the treasures, and things that I can buy to monogram at wholesale prices. I found some really great things. I am telling you peoples once I have this down, you are going to want to buy some stuff!!

We are very slowly recovering from the loss of Matty. We both still have our bad days, and we both actually had a really bad Matty day this past week. But we are working through that grief. The house is just so quiet and still, and we have no real obligation to anything. I still always feel this giant rush of panic around 5:00 p.m. if I am out and about, as I feel I need to rush home to feed the dog, and let her out. It will be at least a year before we get another dog. I think we will get 2 dogs this next time. We waited to long to decide we wanted a second dog for Matty, as Matty would have never forgiven us. So I think we will get 2 in a very short period of time. We are looking at a standard schnauzer(D's pick) and I want a chocolate labradoodle. I think it is important for kids to have pets, and so we will get to the point that I think we are ready for that again. But for now we will just have to do some dog sitting for our friends.

Once I return from Tampa, I leave the following day to go to KC, to take care of my goddaughter Katie(3) while her parents take her 5 yr old brother Jack to NYC to visit his aunt. So I am really looking forward to our 4 days together for some good one on one time. Hoping it will give me enough of a little girl fix to help me out for the next month or so.

The wait for this baby is beyond words to me at this moment. There just seems to be so much uncertainity, and speculation that there are less children available, more domestic adoption taking place, this being the year of the golden pig leads people to believe that children born in this year will be highly desired and kept. Then there is the theory that little girls are becoming more of a status symbol to the wealthy in China, by showing that they are wealthy enough to keep or adopt a girl because they don't need a son to take care of them. The list goes on and on, and situation remains fluid at all times. We have moments that we wished that we had picked a different country. Someone asked recently if we were offering advice to a family looking at IA, would we recommend China. After pondering that for a day or so, I would say right now I would not pursue China, there are just too many unanswered questions, but I would watch and wait a year or so, and see where China is at that point. Then make the decision.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we have been logged in for 4 big months.

I have some movie recommendations for you:
The Good Shepard-long, very long, but very good.
Happy Feet-an absolute must see!!! Can't wait for it to be out on video
Little Miss Sunshine-we wanted to see it in the movies and didn't, Netflix delievered, and I can't wait to buy it. LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!!!

So I am out of here for a week, but will be checking in to see what everyone is up to, and if referrals have arrived.

Enjoy the weekend, and peace out!

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Gook luck at your training! I know you'll learn a lot. I also can't wait to see the cool stuff you turn out.

I have been thinking about you and Matty...I know it's still beyond words, but I'm glad at least a little healing has begun. I must say I love the labradoodles I've met, but I know it takes time.

wzgirl said...

Can't wait to see your new skills in action!!! Have a great trip!

CA Momma said...

I Loved loved loved Little Miss Sunshine too! I cannot wait to buy it!

Red Sand said...

Safe travels. Grief and loss are hard, but hold on to the memories.

Headmeister said...

Soooooo.... how was the class???????? Can you make me a hat yet??? :)