Monday, January 29, 2007

Girls just want to have fun!!

Well I am back from the one day of training in Tampa on the BWM. While it was very helpful, I think we will go back for some more training down the road. But as for now, we are good to go, and just are waiting for a service guy to come and make some minor setting changes, and I will be off and running(okay. I will be off and practicing actually) The weather was beautiful in Tampa, such a nice change from the terrible cold weather we have been having here. So you will see we spent the day at the beach soaking up some sun and vitamin D. It was a nice break, even if it was for just one day.
Then I was off to KC to take care of my very sweet little goddaughter Katie, while her parents went to NYC. She is 3 1/2, and is just a blessing to our family. D calls her the happiest baby on earth. She was the perfect child while I was there(much to her mother's chagrin-she keeps trying to tell me that she does cry, and misbehaves- I am not going to believe it!!) she was perfect for her Aunt J. We had a great time playing with her dolls, dressing up, having tea parties, going to her ballet class, and finally making some valentine cookies(pic included) It was 5 days of perfect girl fun, and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful little girl in my life.


While I know it hasn't even been a month yet that referrals arrived, it feels like fovever and ages ago that they did. I seem to be looking forward to this batch, I guess it is because Oct is such a big month that it would seem promising if they could get through a decent amount of days. Lets just keep our fingers crossed. I do hope that once we get the wait to 18 months that we will see the wait stabilize a bit instead of each month adding another month to the wait. In the mean time, I will work on my list, read some books, decorate a nursery, work on my new business, and hope that our referral will be sooner rather than later. But for now, I fed my little girl addiction, and I should be okay for at least a little while.

5 comments:

aimeeg said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time with Katie! It sounds like it was lots of fun for both of you.

Anne Marie said...

Looking forward to hearing about more progress with the big white machine!

Katie sounds (and looks) like a doll. It's amazing how spending time with kids fills that hole for awhile. It shouldn't surprise me, but it still does every time.

Anonymous said...

those are great pictures.

walternatives said...

And Katie is lucky to have such a fun Aunt Julie...tea parties, ballet class, valentine's cookies...Oh, I'm wanting some girl time, too! What sweet pics. Keep us posted on the BWM progress.

LedaP said...

Just popped by to say hello from another CHIer!