Friday, May 16, 2008

Introducing Princess Sophie




I can't believe it has taken me this long to get this picture and news on here.

March 26, 2008 was one of the best days of my life, I flew to Birmingham, Alabama to pick up our newest family member. I was thrilled beyond belief, I couldn't wait to see her in person after waiting 11 long weeks for her to mature enough to leave her momma. But when I arrived and the breeder took Sophie out of her bag.....I just lost it and started to cry!! She looked exactly like Miss Matty when she was a puppy, and I was instantly in love. She is the sweetest, softest, most snuggly little creature you have ever met. She is the princess, and she knows it without a doubt. She goes almost everywhere with me in the car, and she rides happily in her darling lime green bag I got her(of course it has her monogram on it!!) She is oohed and gooed over everywhere we go. She has healed her momma's heart, as I feel as though Matty has been cloned and come back to live with us. So much of what she does, and how she behaves it exactly as we knew life with a black cocker spaniel for 13 years. You can laugh, you can poo poo me for wanting a dog(child) that looks and acts just like our beloved dog who passed.....but I don't care, I feel better, and with the current state of adoption I needed to feel better, so I highly recommend it....it is cheaper than therapy, and way more addicting than xanax!! David said he will start to worry when I start introducing her as my daughter. She does have black hair;)

So just for grins, I will post Matty's picture here, and tell me it is uncanny how much they look alike. You can't see it in Matty's picture, but she has a white chest too!

Also....Princess Sophie sends a shout out to her Aunt Buttercup who loves her, and wants one of her own(Iris needs a friend and won't mind a bit)She can't wait for you to visit again:)

3 comments:

Dee said...

She's gorgeous! It's amazing just how much pets can heal us.

wzgirl said...

Smooches 2 Ms. Sophie. She is the softest wee pup I think that I've ever met!

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations -- she is lovely! I am so happy to hear such happiness from you!!!