Sunday, April 01, 2007

Run down before I blow this popsicle stand



Have deleted my excitement over the the secret pal that I was assigned. I decided that I had said too much, and didn't want her to have a clue of who I am. So I wonder, wonder, wonder who she might be???

I am out of here again for 2 weeks. I am off to help the "the keeper of the nest" If you don't already know my best friend(for 20 years) is pregnant with her 3rd child and on full bed rest with a 3 & 5 year old. So I am going back to help keep them afloat. So won't be posting much if at all. I will be watching though. I will try and check in with you all in about a week or so if I have some down time.

I have been able to at least get my ETSY site up and running. So you can go here to see what I have. I have posted it all on here, but now you can officially buy it without emailing me. I have not gotten everything up yet, but will once I return. Taking good pictures of your products is the hard part. Thank you to my helper for getting my banner up and looking so pinkalicious. My web site is still under construction. But hopefully will be up and working soon. I really appreciate everyone thus far who has bought something from me!! I hope you are enjoying what you bought, because I really enjoyed making it for you.

Here is some really interesting news. I think we are going to host a Chinese Exchange Student starting in August for the school year. She is from the Chongqing Province, she will turn 17 right after she arrives. She will be a sophomore in HS, she came to the US last summer for just a month long exchange. She is in the top 5% of her class of 1000, and she looks darling. Not really sure what prompted this decision, but we are both are very excited, and as we were making the final decision today, we ran into a family at the grocery that is hosting a girl from Thailand who is approx the same age and has been here for most of the school year. Her English was beautiful, and she said it was the opportunity of a lifetime, and that she is having a great time. She said she was homesick the first month, and now she says.....not so much with a BIG grin on her face. She said she even got to go to the Caribbean. The mom said it had been a great experience, and that they would probably host again next year. So that is BIG news around our house. We think it will be a great opportunity for us to learn a lot about Chinese first hand. Hopefully she will be helpful in tutoring us in Chinese; especially helping us with our tones. She says she loves to cook, and hopes to be able to teach us to cook Chinese food. So I think she is going to be a great fit for our family.

So that is about it from Texas. When I return from this trip we are headed to meet a few other adopting families for a weekend in Austin. We are really excited to meet everyone, and I think it will be a lot of fun! So to all that will be there that weekend, we are looking forward to meeting you all. Have a safe trip to the Lone Star State, and don't drink too many margaritas before we get there!!!

So I will look forward to checking on you all. I am hoping to hear that The Singing Bird is on her way to pick the beautiful Emme Lu. So I will be watching your site, and please share the pictures if you do happen to eat any bugs.

Here's to referrals being just around the corner(we hope) and here is to getting into November folks....it is about time. 06' we are coming atcha!

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Wooooohoooo...lots o'news.

I can't wait to hear more about your exchange student. That sounds like a fabulous experience.

I hope we take a referral bite out of November really soon.

Take good care of that preggers pal. Every woman needs a friend like you :0)

aimeeg said...

Wow, the exchange student news sounds very exciting! Looking forward to hearing more about that.

I will check out the etsy shop--that's so great. I definitely want to make some purchases, but right now I am focused on getting rid of stuff before our big move rather than adding things:)

Sending good thoughts to you and your friend!

walternatives said...

Good luck with the kiddos in KC. I bet they are so excited for you to come back! Great news about the exchange student - we'll hear all about it soon. After this comment, I'll go check out your etsy site. Congrats on that. Safe travels!

Linda Dove said...

How exciting to hear about your decision to host an exchange student! I look forward to all the great stories that will bring....

Marcy Dunaway said...

Wow! You have a lot happening! We MUST get together when you get home! Youe Etsy shop looks great! I have been thinking of doing one for my tees.
Can't wait to hear about your secret pal stuff (and get ideas for our LID group!) and all about the exchange student!

Anonymous said...

You have lots going on in your life. That is very cool news. Glad you like your pal.