Sunday, April 22, 2007

It makes me tired just reading it!

Well, well, well, well, well.

I know I have been horrible about not keeping up with my blogger obligations. But let me just tell you how busy my life has been for what seems like weeks at this point.

I did make it back from my nest watching duties. It really was a needed trip to help them out. The "official nest watcher" is now 24 1/2 weeks pregnant, and has at least 8-10 weeks left sitting on the nest. Yes, she is going crazy if you are wondering. While I was there I literally stepped into her mommy shoes and off to town we went. Jack and Katie were both willing participants, and Brian, well lets just say I think I saw a tear roll down Brian's face when he dropped me at the airport. We had a full schedule, including back and forth to school. **I will be signing up for the pre-school that comes to your car and takes and puts your child in and out of the car seat....that is a supreme benefit** We went to gymnastics, swimming lessons, dance class, baseball, open gym, grocery shopping, Easter bunny shopping, Easter bunny paw print making at midnight before Easter morning, wedding gift shopping, 24 meals made at super suppers, dog walking, closet cleanings, returning all the dishes to the rightful owners(yes, such great neighbors bringing meals several times a week-thank you so much!!) You name and I had it on my list. Including the full day at the hospital with her dad while he had hernia surgery. He is doing fine, and actually the day there was not so bad either. We had the best nurse ever...Jamie. Jamie if you are reading, just want you to know that you rock my world. You made the day go by so quickly, and I so enjoyed visiting with you all day!!
I really need to make one more trip back before Miss Meggie makes her appearance, but not sure if it will work into my schedule. We have the busiest 3-4 months ahead than we have ever had. We are traveling every single month, Big C will be home for what sounds like a quick Maymester, and then he will be off to work at a camp in the Hill Country. Then we have to prepare for our exchange students arrival. She is for sure coming. I have her registered with the district, and so it really is a done deal. A 17 year old living with us for 10 months. So a quick trip back to KC may just not be in the cards. I will be going back though when the baby is born to help out for 2 weeks. We just are not sure when that is going to be right now.

We just arrived back home from a weekend in Austin. We had dinner with Big C on Friday, and then we went to Earth day in Austin on Saturday. Then we were off to see a group of adopting families that had travelled from all over the country for this weekend. So we had a great time with all of them on Saturday night. Bar-b-Que, drinks, lots of laughter, and lots of fun. I was so excited to meet this group, and now reading their blogs takes on a new meaning...because I actually know you now!! We look forward to meeting up with a few more adopting families throughout the summer. While I would have told you a year ago that meeting friends on line is a bit strange and unusual. I now would tell you that I am not sure what I would have done this past year if I had to have walked this journey alone. So here's to the friendships I have made throughout this process. There are so many of you that I would love to meet in person.



Here is our group picture from Austin. Trust me, we had a really good time that night.

This is us prank calling Shelba, since she couldn't make it.

This is when the party got really going!! **sorry we had to protect the guilty from prosecution, so you will just have to wonder what everyone looks like***


Here is a band that we listened to at Earth Day in Austin, yes they are about 12 or 13, but let me tell you those little boys are going to be famous someday.These were the belly dancers we watched at Earth Day. They were amazing, and I wish I could move my body like them, and actually I wish my abs looked theirs.

Finally, here is my first secret pal gift that we received. I really have the best secret pal, but don't want to hurt anyone elses feelings. She is so thoughtful, has great taste and clearly has a sense of humor. If you remember when I posted Katie's picture when she had found the marker while she was suppose to be napping....and did the body work of art. Well my secret pal sent Katie some bath markers...how funny is that?? Thank you secret pal. I hope my secret pal has received her gift from me. She has not posted it yet, so I am worried that it hasn't arrived, and it should have.

So that is all for now. Have a very busy week ahead. I have quite a pile of embroidery that needs to get done. But that is a good thing!!
Wishing you a happy week ahead!

7 comments:

walternatives said...

The friendships you mention have been the silver lining of this long wait. You, sweet woman, are adorable. I'm honored to be your friend.

wzgirl said...

What a great friend you are. An old friend and a new friend! I can NOT wait to hear more about the weekend in Austin!!

aimeeg said...

You have been busy! Sounds like Austin was a great time.

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear your voice.

"M" said...

Love the pictures for Altstin. You really captured us well! It was so wonderful meeting you guys. Hope to see you again sometime. AND can't wait to order some of your beautiful works of art.

"M2" said...

looks like you had a blast,
sounds like you needed it.

Roy and Lori said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Very happy for you!

Take Care!