Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wii Bum

Okay, I must start this by saying that I am not really into video games at all, not so much, no real interest, nada, zip, zero, haven't had any interest in video games evaaar(okay, I did enjoy a little pac mac in his day) Occasionally a little solitaire while I do something on the computer, but just don't get the whole video game phenomenon. Well that was until I played Wii.

We went to visit my in-laws, and my 12 year old nephew just got his Wii that he actually got for Christmas, but just received because you can't find them anywhere. I had heard this story, and of course thought it was so silly that people wait in line all night for anything, much less a video game, and certainly could not find the worth in paying an exorbitant amount of money for something you could get cheaper if you would only wait a few months when everyone lost interest.

Well do I owe an apology to all those silly people that waited in line all night long, or paid ridiculous prices to get their hands on what may be the most fun anyone can have in the comfort of their own home. No need to go join a health club.....just buy a Wii, and you will save the guilt of not ever going to the gym. This thing is incredible, and I don't say that lightly. It really is as though you are bowling, playing tennis, or even playing a little golf very badly.

It has Tennis, Boxing, Bowling, Golf and something else. Sorry I was only there for 48 hours so I didn't get a chance to play all of them, so I don't remember exactly what is on there. What I do know is that between Tennis, and Bowling, my shoulder and my bum are hurting as though I went at it with a personal trainer for a week straight. I can barely walk my bum hurts so bad, I am limping around like an 80 year old woman.

I had so much fun playing these games that I couldn't do anything else while I was there. I was so hesitant at first to play, but then they showed me how it works, and off I went to the black hole of being an "gamer" Every time I got a strike I would yell in excitement, every time I won a tennis match I was doing the dance of celebration....I was acting like a complete idiot, and I loved every minute of it. Including everyone laughing their arses off at me!!

All I can say is we came home, searched to see if any stores in our area had it in stock, and then it took about 5 minutes after coming up with nothing that we were buying our own Wii on Ebay. So I suspect in about 5-7 days our own personal health club will be arriving UPS, and I can only suggest that you seriously consider getting your own....you won't regret it, I promise. I do suggest that you get at least 2 remote controls, it will make it all the more fun.

Now I must go put some tiger balm on my Wii bum, and hope that it feels better before our system shows up next week. Then I will be very busy bowling, and developing bunns of steal!

3 comments:

Headmeister said...

Sister, I'm right there with ya - I love my Wii!!!!!!

BTW - you've been too quiet lately... has the BWM swallowed you whole??? ;)

Hugs!

walternatives said...

Can't wait to hear more, especially since I pooh-poohed the Wii as just another video game machine.

walternatives said...

p.s. interesting to compare my icon with headmeister's...